There are many actors in Bollywood who are made for the commercial cinema. So any movie which has fair commercial value expectations always go for the ‘A’ listed actors. We rarely see a movie without any ‘superstar’ power in them. For example, Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s ‘Freaky Ali‘.
So imagine the movie ‘Sultan’ without Salman Khan. What do you think would have happened? Is there any other actor who can play Salman’s role to perfection? I think there are many. But the producers now-a-days want mass pullers and hence, Salman Khan. Similarly, imagine ‘Bajirao Mastani’ with Nimrat Kaur and Konkana Sen Sharma in place of Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra. The movie would not have minted money as the way it has.
However, there are some actors whose charisma simply rub off the movie-goers in a good way. So here is my list of five actors whom I would love to see more and more in mainstream Hindi cinema.
5. Nimrat Kaur – Not many know, Nimrat Kaur started her career as a print model and theater actor before appearing in Anurag Kashyup’s production ‘Peddlers’. She came to limelight with her performance in the movie ‘The Lunchbox’. Both these movies were not the mainstream commercial cinema, but she hit gold with her fabulous performances. Early in this year, she was seen along with Akshay Kumar in the movie ‘Airlift’ and she played her part exceedingly well. Not to forget her role in the fourth season of the American television series ‘Homeland’.
4. Abhay Deol – With those dimples and dapper looks, Abhay Deol is already a hit with the ladies and his performances in almost all of his movies are par excellence. So be it his performance in the movie ‘Dev D’, his acting along superstars Hrithik Roshan and Farhan Akhtar in ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ and in his recent movie ‘Happy Bhaag Jayegi’, Abhay Deol has proved that he is no less an actor.
3. Deepak Dobriyal – Deepak rose to fame with his performance in Vishal Bharadwaj’s ‘Omkara’ where he nearly threatened to steal the thunder from Saif Ali Khan’s stellar performance. From playing negative roles, his performance as Pappi Ji in ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ and providing some comic relief working alongside Salman Khan in the movie ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’, Deepak has done it all.
2. Konkana Sen Sharma – Konkana Sen Sharma has probably done more off-beat and less commercially viable movies than any other superstar. Not only she has won a National Award for his performance in the movie ‘Life in a Metro’, she has time and again proved herself that she is way above many Bollywood actresses who are minting millions. Her performance in the movies such as ‘Mr. and Mrs. Iyer’, ‘Talvar’, ‘Wake Up Sid’, ‘Page 3’, ‘Omkara’ is a testimonial to a powerhouse called Konkana.
Last but not the least…
1. Irrfan Khan – The multi-talented Irrfan Khan is one such actor whom I cannot even compare to any other Khans. he is a league above them. With noted performances in almost all his movies, Irrfan has shown that it does not always take a star-power to make the film a hit. His recent release ‘Madaaari’ is a testimonial to the same. Moreover, his performance in the ‘Piku’ alongside Deepika Padukone and megastar Amitabh Bachchan was at par with the two of them. He is as refreshing as the books of Dan Brown (I hope you got my point here).
To know more about Bollywood stars and to get the latest celebrity updates, follow Follo.in. It is a heaven for the cinema lovers of all kinds. Follow them on Twitter, Facebook and Youtube to keep abreast with all things cinema.