The National Capital Territory of India also know as Delhi is the world’s second most populous city and largest city in terms of area. And with such credentials comes huge responsibility when it comes to the governance part, infrastructure and maintaining law and order.
A wonderful city with some breath taking historical monuments such as Taj Mahal, Red Fort, Qutub Minar etc. along with some delicious cuisine worth tasting it has off-late started to lose its sheen with the tags such as ‘Rape capital of India’, ‘Delhi’s killer buses’ and ‘Epidemic zone’.
Also the highhandedness of the various civic authorities in dealing with various social issues is putting a huge blot on the faces of dilwalo ka shehr along with the capital of the country too. As it is rightly said ‘There’s no nation that is perfect, it has to be made so!’ and so here I am, as a citizen of this country presenting in front of you my Delhi Manifesto!
1) The eighth most populated metropolis in the world and one of the most heavily polluted cities in India, time has come to transform the city to bare minimum environmental polluted city.
2) Controlling pollution wouldn’t be possible without observing a proper hygiene and cleanliness regime that doesn’t allow epidemics to break with ease and comfort. And hence spitting, loitering, defecating in the open would attract a heavy fine and if no money to pay then a compulsory public service w.r.t to cleaning of roads, public places be given as a deterrent and punishment for a minimum amount of six months.
3) ‘Atithi Devo Bhava’ is what we as a country have always believed in and believe so. So any incident involving tourists and foreigners will be dealt strictly with a non bailable warrant to be issued against the offender in support of adequate proof.
4) A complete ban will be imposed on the posters and various advertisements related to various parties and instead posters on cleanliness, road safety, stop violence against women, Atithi Devo Bhava and public welfare schemes will be put up.
5) Various crimes especially those against women be met with severe punishment and to treat each and every offence as ‘gravest of the grave’ and punishment be accordingly given with huge sums of money as fine.
6) Numerous workshops and exhibitions be held for showcasing the rich culture of the metropolis along with the arts and crafts of skilled technicians specializing in Zardosi and Meenakari.
7) Entire accounts of the various parties be made public with proper receipts of donations and expenses incurred and duly audited by an independent auditor such as CAG.
8) Also every party worker, MLA, corporator etc. will have to be compulsory visit their constituencies and interact with the people to find out their problems at the root level on a weekly basis and submit a report to the CM on a monthly basis updating the problems, steps taken, solutions offered and job done with full public satisfaction.
9) Being a citizen of India first, it will be the top most duty to see that each and every citizen be it in Delhi or elsewhere possess the ‘Election card’ or ‘The Voter-Id card’ so that each and every individual can ‘vote’ for their candidate and hope to see a brighter future for a good and better city and nation as Hanouz Dehli dour ast.